BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第226期:最困难亦最有挑战性的任务

时间:2015-11-02 10:31:08  / 编辑:danyang

  原文欣赏

  John Watson.My friend, John Watson.

  约翰·华生的朋友 约翰·华生

  John...When John first broached the subject of being best man, I was confused.

  约翰...当初约翰邀我当伴郎 我就困惑了

  Sherlock? - What was that noise downstairs?

  夏洛克? - 楼下那些噪音是怎么回事?-

  Oh, it was Mrs Hudson laughing.

  哈德森太太在大笑

  Hmm, it sounded like she was torturing an owl.

  听起来像是她在折磨一只猫头鹰

  Yeah, well, it was laughter. - Could have been both.

  实际上是笑声 - 可以同时发生

  Busy? - Oh, just occupying myself. Sometimes it's so hard not smoking.

  在忙吗? - 只是让自己不闲着 没有烟有时候可难受了

  Mind if I interrupt? - Be my guest.

  我能打搅一下吗? - 你随意.

  Tea? - Er...

  要茶吗? - 呃...

  So, er, the big question. - Mm-hmm?

  有个很重要的问题. - 什么?

  The best man. - The best man?

  最好的人(伴郎), - 最好的人?

  What do you think? - Billy Kincaid.

  你觉得怎么样? - 比利·金凯德

  Sorry, what?

  抱歉 什么?

  Billy Kincaid, the Camden Garrotter, best man I ever knew.Vast contributions to charity, neverdisclosed.

  比利·金凯德 就是卡姆登绞杀者 是我所知道最好的人,斥巨资支持慈善事业 却从不公开

  Personally managed to save three hospitals from closure and ran the best and safest children'shomes in north England.

  凭一己之力挽救了3家将要倒闭的医院,并经营了北英格兰最好最安全的儿童之家

  Yes, every now and again there'd be some garrotings, but stacking up the lives saved againstthe garrotings, on balance

  没错 他偶尔还绞死几个人 不过从数量上比较一下他救助的人和被他绞杀的人

  I'd say he... - For my wedding.For me, I need a best man.

  我会说... - 我说我的婚礼,我需要一位伴郎

  Oh, right. - Maybe not a garrotter.

  噢对 - 不要绞杀者

  Gavin? - Who?

  盖文? - 谁?

  Gavin Lestrade? He's a man and good at it.

  盖文·雷斯垂德? 他是个男的而且很擅长这个

  It's Greg. And he's not my best friend.

  他叫格雷格 但他不是我最要好的朋友

  Oh, Mike Stanford, I see.Well, he's nice. Um, though I'm not sure how well he'd cope with all...

  哦 是麦克·斯坦福 他还不错 但我觉得他也许不能很好地处理这些...

  No, Mike's great, but HE'S not my best friend.

  不是 麦克很棒 但是他不是我最好的朋友.

  Look, Sherlock, this is the biggest and most important day of my life... -Well...

  夏洛克 这是我人生中最重要的一天... - 那个...

  No, it is. It is.And I want to be up there with the two people that I love and care about most inthe world. - Yes.

  是的,我想和这世界上我最爱 最关心的两个人一同度过. - 嗯

  So Mary Morstan... - Yes.

  玛丽·莫斯坦... - 嗯.

  And...you.

  和...你.

  I confess at first I didn't realise he was asking me.When finally I understood, I expressed tohim that I was both flattered and surprised.

  我承认最开始我没有意识到他是在问我,我明白后 表示我受宠若惊

  I explained to him that I'd never expected this request and I was a little daunted in the face ofit.

  我向他解释 这请求在我意料之外 也有些后怕.

  Sherlock...

  夏洛克...

  I nonetheless promised I would do my very best to accomplish a task which was, for me,

  尽管如此 我保证我会尽我所能完成这项...

  as demanding and difficult as any I had ever contemplated.

  与我设想中一样吃力和困难的任务

  Additionally, I thanked him for the trust he placed in me and indicated that I was,

  同时 我也感谢他给予我的信任 并暗示我...

  in some ways, very close to being moved by it.

  我快要被感动了

  No, it's getting a bit scary now.

  现在的气氛有些吓人了

  It later transpired that I'd said none of this out loud.

  之后我才意识到 以上内容都是我的内心活动

  So, in fact...You, you mean... - Yes.

  所以说...你是说... - 是的.

  I'm your...best...friend? - Man.

  我是你的...最好的...朋友? - 伴郎.

  Yeah, of course you are.Of course... You're my best friend.

  对 你当然是,你当然是我最好的朋友

  How was that? - Surprisingly OK.

  味道如何? - 出奇地好.

上一页1 2 下一页
免费发送到我的邮箱:
推荐专家
  • 姓名:张参

专业资历
国内知名院校英语专业毕业,对于留学行业情有独钟,见解独特,熟悉美国、加拿大、澳大利亚等国家的申请流程,善于挖掘每个学生身上的闪光点。努力为学生们申请到真正适合自己的理想大学,为每位学生的个人成长开拓提升空间。
成功案例
以专业的态度和丰富的工作经验帮助学生申请到Brown University、Johns Hopkins University、Columbia University、Hamilton College等知名院校。
向他提问

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
               

关注一诺留学微信

关注一诺留学微博

版权所有@2012-2016    一诺留学网    京ICP备12034294号-1

联系电话:400-003-6508  010-62680991     传真:010-82483329     邮箱:service.bj@yinuoedu.net