BBC《新福尔摩斯》第三季精讲第259期:正式交涉

时间:2015-09-09 10:29:45  / 编辑:danyang

  原文欣赏

  I understood we were meeting at your office.

  我以为我们是在你的办公室见面.

  This is my office.

  这就是我的办公室

  Well,it is now.

  现在是了.

  Mr Magnussen, I have been asked to intercede with you by Lady Elizabeth Smallwood.

  麦格纳森先生.我受伊丽莎白·斯茅伍德夫人委托.和你交涉.

  On the matter of her husband's letters.

  关于她丈夫信件的事.

  Some time ago you put pressure on her concerning those letters.

  不久前.你利用那些信件对她施压.

  She would like those letters back.

  她想拿回那些信.

  Obviously, the letters no longer have any practical use to you,so with that in mind...

  显然.现在那些信对你已没有实际用处.既然如此...

  Something I said?

  我说的好笑吗?

  No, no. I was reading.there's rather a lot.Redbeard?

  不.不是.我在看.讯息量挺大的.红胡子?

  Sorry. sorry, you were probably talking. - I...

  抱歉.你先前好像在说话. - 我...

  I was trying to explain that I have been asked to act on behalf of...

  我是在说明.有人请我代表...

  Bathroom? - Along from the kitchen, sir.

  洗手间呢. - 厨房那边.先生.

  Ok. - I've been asked to negotiate the return of those letters.

  好的. - 有人请我拿回那些信件.

  I am aware you do not make copies of sensitive documents.

  我知道你没有复制那些敏感文件.

  Is it like the rest of the flat? - Sir?

  那里跟这里一样吗. - 什么.先生

  The bathroom?

  洗手间?

  Yes, sir. - Maybe not then.

  是的.先生. - 那就不用了.

  Am I acceptable to you as an intermediary?

  你可以接受我作为中间人吗?

  Lady Elizabeth Smallwood...I like her.

  伊丽莎白·斯茅伍德夫人...我喜欢她

  Mr Magnussen, Am I acceptable to you as an intermediary?

  麦格纳森先生.你可以接受我作为中间人吗?

  She 1s english with a spine.best thing about the english...You're so domesticated.

  她是个有骨气的英国人.英国人最好的的一点就是..你们太驯服了..

  All standing around, apologising...Keeping your little heads down.

  全都站得笔挺.不停地道歉...始终低著你们的小脑袋..

  You can do what you like here. No-one's ever going to stop you.

  在这里你可以为所欲为.没人会拦著你

  A nation of herbivores.

  草食动物王国

  I have interests all over the world but...Everything starts in england.

  我对全世界都狠有兴趣.不过...一切从英格兰开始

  If it works here...I try it in a real country.

  如果这里行得通...就可以到真正的国家试试了..

  The united kingdom,petri dish to the western world.

  英国...西方国家的培养皿

  Tell Lady Elizabeth I might need those letters so...I'm keeping them.

  转告伊丽莎白夫人.我也许用得著那些信...我要留著

  Goodbye.anyway...They're funny.

  再见...话说回来...它们狠有趣..

  Jesus!

  天啊!

  Did you notice the one extraordinary thing he did?

  你注意到他刚刚那非同寻常的行为了吗?

  There was a moment that kind of stuck in the mind, yeah.

  当然.那个场景我是忘不掉了.

  Exactly. when he showed us the letters. - Ok.

  正是.他让我们看到了信件. - 好吧.

  So, he's brought the letters to london,so no matter what he says, he's ready to make a deal.

  这么说他把信带来伦敦了.不管他说了什么.他准备好交易了.

  Now, Magnussen only makes a deal once he's established a person's weaknesses,

上一页1 2 下一页
免费发送到我的邮箱:
推荐专家
  • 姓名:肖菲

专业资历

加入一诺教育前,就职于某知名留学服务机构,专注于美国本科申请,熟悉美国本科教育体制,有丰富的申请经验。细致、耐心,善于发掘并总结申请人的个性亮点,塑造申请人鲜明形象。

成功案例

瓦萨学院(近全奖录取),格林奈尔学院(半奖录取),罗德岛艺术学院(美国艺术学院排名第一),麦吉尔大学,埃默里大学,加州大学洛杉矶分校,曼荷莲学院,布林茅尔学院,纽约大学,布兰迪斯大学等。

向他提问

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
               

关注一诺留学微信

关注一诺留学微博

版权所有@2012-2016    一诺留学网    京ICP备12034294号-1

联系电话:400-003-6508  010-62680991     传真:010-82483329     邮箱:service.bj@yinuoedu.net