身处险境手机精准定位不靠谱

时间:2015-12-18 09:47:25  / 编辑:Abby
   中英文本

  Touch your smartphone screen and you get localweather or a street map.

  轻触你的智能手机屏幕,马上就能够获取本地天气或者街道地图。

  So you might assume that mobile phones knowexactly where you are.

  所以你想当然的认为移动电话可以定位你的所在。

  But get into trouble and you might find your phone isn't watching you as closely as youthought.

  如果这样你麻烦就大了,你也许会发现自己的手机压根不是想得那样精准。

  Emergency responders recently told the Wall Street Journal that their 911 dispatchers havetrouble getting help to the location of cell phone callers.

  紧急应答机构最近爆料给华尔街杂志他们的911救援调度人员在帮助手机用户定位问题上陷入了麻烦。

  And a report this summer showedmore than half of all California wireless 911 calls in certain areas didn't have locationinformation.

  而今年夏天的一项调查报告显示,加州地区所有的无线911呼叫电话中有一半以上显示不出具体位置信息。

  One way to locate a cell phone is through GPS, assuming the phone has one and it'soutdoors.

  定位手机的一种方式是通过GPS全球定位系统,前提是手机具备这项功能而且身在户外。

  Another is through location-based services.

  另一种方法则是通过固定在地面的服务器。

  These follow the signals sent between your phone and your wireless network's radio towers.

  这些设备会追踪从你的手机到无线网络发射塔距离之间的信号。

  But towers can be miles apart, making it hard to pinpoint locations and adding minutes toresponse times.

  但也许离你并不近的发射塔使得精确定位有些困难,而且反应时间会有延迟。

  Responders want wireless companies to include location data with each call, something privacyadvocates oppose.

  救援应答组织希望无线公司提供每通电话的具体位置信息,而其中有些是隐私权倡导者所反对的。

  It's a matter of perspective.

  而这完全是由看法不同所导致。

  Sometimes you want to be off the grid.

  毕竟有时你就是想摆脱地图上坐标方格的束缚,

  But in a crisis, the grid could be your best friend.

  但危险时刻,这些位置坐标可能是你的救命稻草。

  词语解释

  1.smartphone智能手机

  A smartphone's processor speed is around 1gigahertz.

  智能手机处理器的速度大约是1千兆赫兹。

  I dinged ipad for not being a smartphone or laptopreplacement.

  我说过ipad不会成为智能手机或笔记本的替代品。

  2.street map 街道图

  Why do not you buy a street map?

  你为什么不买一张路线图呢?

  I was not the only person editing the open street map.

  我不是唯一编辑公开地图的人。

  3.get into trouble陷入困境,被警察传讯

  Be quiet unless you want to get into trouble.

  除非你想惹麻烦,否则你就安静点。

  Every day I see a lot of people get into trouble confusing these two things.

  每天我都能看到许多人们因为对二者的迷惑而陷入困境。

  4.pinpoint确定,准确地指出;精准定位

  It was almost impossible to pinpoint the cause of death.

  几乎不可能确认死因。

  If you can pinpoint exactly what the anger is about...

  如果你能确切地解释愤怒从何而来。

  5.perspective 观点,看法

  Maybe we just need to change our perspective.

  也许我们恰好需要改变我们的观点。

  My perspective is of cautious but resolute optimism.

  我对这些问题的看法虽然谨慎但坚定而乐观。

  更多热点资讯欢迎关注:

  新浪官方微博:@北京诚品一诺教育咨询

  http://weibo.com/yinuoedu

  微信订阅号:留学圈 (微信帐号:yinuoliuxue )

免费发送到我的邮箱:
推荐专家
  • 姓名:李娜

专业资历

  加入一诺留学前,曾任职于太傻咨询北京总部,多年来在法律、教育、传媒、经济等文商类专业申请方面积累了丰富的经验,熟知美国、英国、香港、新加坡、澳洲等国家留学申请以及签证细节。

成功案例

  帮助数十名学生拿到几个国家的顶级院校录取,包括:芝加哥、康奈尔、杜克大学、宾夕法尼亚大学、西北大学、范德堡大学、南加州大学、波士顿大学、新加坡国立大学、巴斯大学、UCL等世界名校。曾帮助学生凭借88分托福斩获Purdue University, Indiana University(Bloomington)教育技术学PHD offer, 89分托福成功拿到南加州大学LLM录取。引领学生挖掘自身最大潜力,量身定做最佳留学方案。

向他提问

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
               

关注一诺留学微信

关注一诺留学微博

版权所有@2012-2016    一诺留学网    京ICP备12034294号-1

联系电话:400-003-6508  010-62680991     传真:010-82483329     邮箱:service.bj@yinuoedu.net