Ever thought about piloting your own aircraft?
有没有想过驾驶自己的飞行器翱翔于天际?
Well, you're in luck—soon thinking might be all that'sneeded to take to the skies.
好的,你还挺幸运的—或许再过不久你的飞天梦想真的能变为现实。
A team of German scientists is researching ways tolet pilots control aircraft using only brainwaves.
一组德国科学家们正在研究让飞行员只用脑电波就可以驾驶飞行器的方法。
It might be easy to dismiss this as pure science fiction, except that seven people were able touse the scientists' hands-free control setup to fly successfully in a flight simulator.
科幻小说中出现这种事情或许是家常便饭,但现实中有7个人真的使用科学家们制作出的免操纵方式成功操作在飞行模拟器中成功飞行。
Some of them were even able to land their virtual aircraft in a dense, albeit simulated, fog andwould have passed part of the test needed to get a pilot's license.
虽然是模拟的情况,但其中有些人甚至可以在高密度浓雾条件成功操控模拟飞行器着陆,并且还通过部分飞行器驾驶资格考试中的测试。
Each test pilot wore a white skullcap loaded with dozens of electroencephalography sensors.
每位测试飞行员都是头戴配有着很多脑电图传感器的白色无边头盔。
These electrodes measured electrical signals created by the pilot's brain cells.
这些电极会测量飞行员的脑细胞产生的电信号。
That information was sent to a computer, which converted signal patterns into commands tocontrol the virtual aircraft.
随后这些信息被传到电脑中,再被转换成命令语言来控制模拟飞行器。
The researchers are now trying to figure out how to get their EEG system into a real airplane.
研究人员们现在正尝试解决如何将脑电图系统传输到飞机当中。
Comforting to think that if your pilot becomes incapacitated, the kid sitting next to you playingvideo games could take over.
值得欣慰的想一下,如果你所乘坐那班飞机的驾驶员恰好失灵,你旁边正在玩视频游戏的某个孩子也许能接手驾驶这班飞机。
词语解释
1.need to 需要做
We need to try more stuff.
我们需要尝试更多的东西。
That's all you need to do!
别的什么都不用做!
2.science fiction 科学幻想小说;科幻小说
Coming from someone else these ideas might have seemed like science fiction.
若从别人嘴里说出,这听起来似乎是科幻小说。
Wikipedia tells me that he wrote science fiction.
维基百科里写道,他是科幻小说作家。
3.load with 装满
To load with goods to be transported.
装货于装载有待运的货物。
Any stories you load with a web connection turned on will be saved automatically for offlinereading.
打开一个网络连接,您所下载的任何内容都被自动保存下来以供您离线阅读。
4.electrical signal 电信号
Your sa node sends out the electrical signal that guides the rest of the heart tissue.
你的窦房结发出的电信号会指导心脏的其他组织。
For obvious reasons, wired devices are near-impervious to this sort of issue; there's nothingstopping the button's electrical signal from reaching your pc along the way.
显然,对于这种问题有线设备是近似无干扰的:没什么会阻止按键的电信号沿着线输入到你的电脑。
更多热点资讯欢迎关注:
新浪官方微博:@北京诚品一诺教育咨询
http://weibo.com/yinuoedu
微信订阅号:留学圈 (微信帐号:yinuoliuxue )
姓名:胥鹏
加入一诺留学前就职于太傻咨询北京总部,从业多年以来,服务过数百位客户,作为主管监管过几千名学生的申请材料。善于发现学生的本质问题,引导学生深入思考,从本质上深入发掘学生的亮点,从而有针对性地制定申请计划。在太傻供职期间,连续4年担任太傻留学高峰论坛主讲人,在国内各著名高校巡回演讲,深入浅出的讲座风格受到众多高校同学们的喜爱。
从业以来,帮助多名学生成功申请到自己理想院校,其中包括宾夕法尼亚大学、南加州大学、约翰霍普金斯大学,罗彻斯特大学,华威大学、伦敦政治经济学院、香港中文大学等顶尖名校,并多次指导学生成功获得奖学金。
版权所有@2012-2016 一诺留学网 京ICP备12034294号-1
联系电话:400-003-6508 010-62680991 传真:010-82483329 邮箱:service.bj@yinuoedu.net